Thursday, September 1, 2011

Everybody Needs Good Neighbours

Moving from an isolated house to an apartment has taken some adjustment, but I think we've pretty much managed to adapt without much hassle. We don't play music so loud, keep our voices down if we roll home in the small hours and try not to parade around scantily clad when it's daylight. Our relationship with most of the neighbours has yet to extend far beyond the usual pleasantries of "Hello" and "How Are You?", but we've had a few conversations with Nathalie and Luc from downstairs, bumping into them at a local bar and having a beer together, discussing their recent holiday in Thailand when taking out the rubbish, etc.

This morning I got to know Luc a little bit better.

As I left the building and entered the courtyard, ready to hop on my bike and head off to the station, there was Luc in his ground floor bedroom - lights on, curtains open, windows impeccably polished -wearing nothing but a smile. In the altogether. Full frontal. In his best birthday suit. Now, I'm no prude and ordinarily this wouldn't overly concern me, but by sheer misfortune we had complete eye contact during this nanosecond of an unfortuante incident. So not only have I seen him naked, he knows that I have seen him naked, I know that he knows that I've seen him naked and he knows that I know that he knows that I've seen him naked, if you catch my drift.

Mortifying.

It could only be worse if he'd waved and said "Fancy a slice of toast?".

Forgive me for not including any photographic evidence to illustrate today's delightful experience.

3 comments:

Mademoiselle Catherine said...

The question is: would you try again?

Clairvoyant said...

Hahaha! I didn't "try" anything!

Maria de la Buena said...

Hahahahaaha